Virginia House of Delegates 2005 Elections

Keeping You up to date on the status of Virginia's 2005 Delegate races!

Monday, June 13, 2005

67th District Update

We said we wouldn't put all the late back and forth of every campaign on here. But this email we got yesterday is too good to pass up. It's on the 67th, which the Washington Post covered this morning.

Dear NLS,

Yesterday I saw House of Delegates tags in front of me on Rt. 50. When I pulled up next to the vehicle I saw Delegate Gary Reese driving and Joe Underwood (Campaign manager) in the passenger seat. They had the windows down and were rocking the car back and forth at the light while singing "DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME" by Elton John! The part I heard them sing was

"Too late.... to save myself from falling..... I took a chance...... and changed your way of life....
But you misread my meaning when I met you..... close the door and left me blind by the light.... ooohhh
Don't the sun go down on me...... Although I search myself it's always someone else I see..... but losing is like the sun going down on me.."

The light turned green and I went on. Very sad.

Signed,

Taxing Teacher

I'm sure this was satire, but I couldn't get the image out of my head.... hopefully it's stuck in yours also.

27 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How ironic. I pulled up next to Craddock yesterday. He was singing the Oompa Loompa song.

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do Reese and Craddock drive? Do they buy American?

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reese drives a Ford minivan. Craddock can't drive yet.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Not Larry Sabato said...

Everyone is welcome to tell us what songs other candidates are singing today. We'll get it started....

Russ Potts "I alone" by Live

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie Byrne "The Distance" by Cake

Chap Petersen "Barbie Doll" by Aqua

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Not Mark Rozell said...

I can't speak for songs, but I understand Steve Chapman has been watching the Shawshank Redemption a lot lately.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Bolling- Gin and Juice- Snoop

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert Garber--I cleaned out a room in my trailer for you by Unknown Hinson.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous RD said...

Harry Parrish - "Glory Days" by Springsteen

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McClellen- I fought the law (and the law won)

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olechek- O'Canada

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ebbin- We are family... I've got all my sisters with me!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob McDonald - The Beach Boys

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark Warner- Stompin on Air Force Ones (Nelly)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Dave Albo- "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer"

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Devolties: NIN's Closer

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave Albo - Lynyrd Skynyrd's That Smell:

"whisky bottle...brand new car...oak tree you're in my way..."

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Baril: Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Baril: AC/DC sang Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chap Petersen: Loser by Beck

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie Byrne: "My candidacy will destroy the Virginia Democratic Party for decades" -by Leslie Byrne

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie Byrne: Elton John's "The Bitch is Back"

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Deuce said...

Anonymous who cannot spell McClellan (it is with an "a" not a second "e")

I have never heard the song "I fought the law" -- is it kind of in the reggae spirit of "I shot the sherriff?"

I gather that prognostication is not your strong suit. "The law" has not won anything yet.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bobby Fuller, 1965 - "I fought the law (and the law won)"

Get up with your oldies man!

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to annonymous at 1:09 PM

It's Bob MCDONNELL not MCDONALD. But you're forgive as Beach Boys music is a good pick.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Chris Craddock can't drive yet, does he have someone taking him to all the precincts today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home